What kinds of SEND are provided for at Dale Hall C.P. School?

Dale Hall C.P. School’s Special Needs Register is a record of all the pupils who receive additional support in the following areas:

  • Communication and interaction

  • Cognition and learning

  • Social, emotional and mental health

  • Sensory and/or physical needs


How does Dale Hall C.P. School know if my child needs extra help?

We recognize that many pupils may have additional needs at some point during their school life. Communication is vital to ensure that a child’s needs are identified as soon as possible and in a timely manner. Staff work closely with colleagues and parents to ensure that concerns are addressed in a timely manner.

  • Pupil progress meetings are held each half term. Each teacher reviews the progress of pupils with the Senior Management Team and pupils are referred to the SENCo when there are concerns about progress.

  • Parents and carers can raise concerns with teachers at any time, appointments can be arranged through the school office.

  • School liaises closely with Early Years Providers to identify pupils with additional needs. For pupils transferring between schools, contact is established and information shared between schools. At the end of each school year, staff share information with colleagues.

  • Staff monitor changes in behaviour closely, and share concerns with parents and carers. The School has an Inclusion Team who can support pupils experiencing difficulties.

  • There is liaison and collaborative working with external agencies e.g. CISS, Dyslexia Outreach Service, SALT, Play Therapist. Reports from professionals give clarity on an individual’s needs and enable staff to plan appropriately. The School has strong, established links with all services and regularly reviews pupils with their parents and the professionals concerned.

What should I do if I think my child has Special Educational Needs?

  • Speak to your child’s class teacher and raise your concerns. The class teacher is available for support, advice and guidance.  The class teacher should always be your first point of contact as they are responsible for providing any child with SEND universal and targeted provision.

  • We have positive open means of communication and telephone contact is welcomed. The home/school planners support daily communication and allow issues to be dealt with promptly.

  • School provides regular opportunities to meet with teachers on parent evenings, Inclusion meetings or as arranged.

  • School are able to signpost parents to support services and other professionals e.g. SENDIASS (SEND Information and Advice Service)

  • The SENDCo is available to meet with parents and will support any necessary referrals to specialist services following discussions with parents/carers  e.g. Early Help Team.

  • Our school has a fully accessible website with links to various sources of information including the complaints procedure if parents or carers are unhappy with any aspect of provision.

Mrs Laura Goodfellow

Mrs Claire Hamblin-Moore

Mrs Nic Tuck