Curriculum Leader: Mr Spalding
The core principles for Geography at the school are a rich and varied set of skills, tailored to give pupils an in-depth understanding of the wider world and their local area. In a world where environmental impact is taking high precedent, we are aiming to develop culturally savvy pupils who care and understand their planet. As always with Dale Hall, we intend to embed Geography into a cross curricular approach- that allows for an immersive and enjoyable learning experience. The key skills taught can be found below:
- Develop a knowledge and appreciation for a broad range geographical and culturally significant area(s).
- Understand the processes associated with key physical and human geographical features of the world
- Develop competence in the geographical skills needed to:
- Collect, analyse and communicate with a range of data gathered through experiences of fieldwork
- Interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs
- Communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length
We think this clip describes how important Geography actually is to the planet.
We asked our pupils to describe how geography makes them feel. We used their responses to make a word cloud.